Thursday, 10 December 2015
This is my game Review Hope you Enjoy
Nic told the class to make a game on Scratch Jr, Game press or Game froot. We could use a I-pad or a Computer. I chose Scratch Jr, I chose Scratch Jr Because It was the most Challenging one there for me, Cause I didn't know what to do. I got an I-pad and went straight on to Scratch Jr. I did half of my game it was about you had to dodge the falling ceiling and get the Safety kit and get out of the building Safely. Up top is the slide that my class made. The next day I went to go on my game It wasn't there... I tried everything but nothing worked. and from then on I just tried and tried again.
My Inquiry journey
Tuesday, 24 November 2015
Writing for Athletics
Probably know what you're thinking do feet really have minds of their own? Oh and yes, yes we do. It’s not nice being a pair of sweating smelly feet. Samantha arrived at school and just remembered that IT WAS ATHLETICS DAY AHHHHHHHH.
I’m not the best But we’ll try our best. We put our bags out side so they are all ready to go on the bus. five minutes later the buses arrived. “I finally get to rest before Athletics” Samantha felt scared when we were in the bus because she felt the bus was going to tip over Anyway let me tell you what foot I am. I am the right foot and I call myself miss chocolate, I think you probably think that's I stupid name or you think you’re made out of chocolate but no I think it's a good name for myself.
Anyway Samantha's bus arrived at massy track. Samantha grabbed her bag and got out of the bus. Oh ya I did say thank you to the bus driver. Samantha asked Hannah if she said thank you to the bus driver and she said no, so Samantha shouted to the bus driver and said “ thank you from Halle.” So we walked down to where we were actually doing Athletics, when we got there we sat down in our house groups.
When we were all in our house groups we all lined up in our year groups, we were all told to go to a station that we were told to go to by the teacher. we lined up at long jump. And we lined up in a order that Marj told us to get in. When it was my turn We ran, We leaped and Landed next up was sprints, We listened to David After we Listened We lined up And David said “ READY SET GOOOO” We sprinted “we don’t stop until we are there” Sam shouted. I crossed the finish line. I did it I did it!! Next up was high jump “I’m so bad at highjump” Sam said to herself, but We had to do it. So I got in line, I waited for my turn. It was my turn now So I Ran And jumped “I did it” I did it, and on my 2nd turn I tried to jump but I hit the pole. Next up was… hurdles, There was a mixture of hurdles there were highone and low ones I went on the high ones And I got 6th then it Was brunch time, next was Shotput So the Year four Girls lined up once again and we through as far as we could I got far but not as far as I was expecting it to go. It Lunch time anyway so We ate our lunch. Now it was discus So we watched Sandy do a Demonstration so When Sandy finished we got in line for the last time It was my turn I through it and now it’s time for Javelin. We headed to Rebecca She did an Demonstration, she pick six people to go first and ya they did it. next up was my turn I got into position and through it. Yay it’s time to go so we packed up and we headed to the buses. But instead I went straight home with my mum.
Wednesday, 11 November 2015
Sunday, 1 November 2015
Wednesday, 23 September 2015
Monday, 21 September 2015
Thursday, 17 September 2015
Thursday, 3 September 2015
Sunday, 9 August 2015
Monday, 3 August 2015
I think I did interesting sentence's in my story. what do you think?
Tuesday, 16 June 2015
- Retell the story of Matariki like a play
- Write a story about Matariki
- Make a model about Matariki
- create a piece of art about Matariki
- Learn and sing songs.
- Create a movie about Matariki to share (it could be a legend or about Matariki)
- Create a facts Kahoot about Matariki
- Create a TV commercial advertising Matariki
- Create a debate about this statement: “Matariki Day should be a National Holiday”
- Choose one of the above activities
- Ask yourself: Will it suit my buddy? Is it appropriate for the amount of people in my group?
- Research some facts about Matariki: What, When, Where, Why, How, Who?
- What resources do you need?
- Prepare the things you need for Friday morning for buddy time
- On Friday you will have from 9:30 - 11am to complete it with your buddy
- The following week you will have more time to edit / practise / put on the final touches
- Be prepared to share with the whole-school on Thursday Matariki Day
Phoebe, Freya, Ruby & Kalia (Rm 3)
Annaliese, Noah, Mason & Troy (Rm 4)
Toby, Lenni, Ryder, Jack (Breakout rm 4/5)
Hannah,Abby, Manaia, Addisyn (Rm 6)
Samantha, Halle, Aroha, Layla (Rm 6)
Azahra, Cohen, Luca, Mac
Emily, Renae, Emma, Max, Samuel (Rm6)
Emily S, Charlotte, Liwan, Porsha (Rm4)
Angus, Mason, Kairo, Benji, James (Rm 3)
Richard, Shrawan, Max, Shaun, Jackson (Staffroom)
Bella, Jayde, Miracle, .. (Rm4).
Billy, Gordon, Jayden (Rm 3 office)
Kate, Tahu, Braydon (Sick bay)
How can adults help you with this goal? telling the little buddy’s to listen to me and halle.
- count on from the biggest number when adding two numbers together (e.g. 3+8 as 8, 9, 10, 11).
- explore the different ways to manipulate numbers when adding 2 digits (e.g. 18+18+18 as 20+20+20=60-6).
- explore the different ways to manipulate numbers when adding and subtracting 2 digits (e.g. 71-48 as 73-50).
- explore decimal place value (e.g. how many 10ths, 100ths and 1000ths in a whole number).
- Choose your maths goal so far from this term
- Use the Showme app to “show” how you can solve the maths problem
- Can you solve the problem using a different strategy?
- Speak clearly into your ipad - keep your ipad still
- Get a buddy to view it
- Save Showme as: ‘Your Name’ Term 2 Maths Sample
- Get an adult to check it.
- Copy embed code, paste into the HTML section on your blog.
- Copy and paste title, purpose, task
- What is your maths stage?
- Put a target on your stage for this term: 💪
Counting on & back with 10’s as the unit
Early Stage 5
Simple part whole strategies to 100
Simple part whole strategies to 1000
Wide range of part whole strategies
Thursday, 4 June 2015
- Choose your favourite story so far from this term
- Reread to make sure it makes sense, does it match my walt?
- Do some more writing to finish (3 paragraphs minimum)
- Fix up spelling, paragraphs, capital letters so that it’s ready for a reader
- Get a buddy to read it
- Publish writing (do a good copy of it)
- Get an adult to check it.
- Put it on your blog
- Copy and paste title, purpose, task
- What is your writing goal? Words
- Put a target on your goal for this term:
reading, re-reading, re-crafting, adding punctuation, adding, taking away, seeking feedback.
What challenged you the most and why? thinking about what to write because I did not know what to write.